Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/tubbyuk2/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
In your Repair Kit you will find small vials of Toners, which will enable you to obtain a closer match to the colour of the surface to be repaired
This step may not be necessary.
To use the Toners, should you wish to adjust the shade:
- Shake the container of Repair Material vigorously for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Using one of the pointed sticks, spread a drop of the material alongside the chip area. Wait 5 minutes. The shade will darken slightly.
- If you need to add a Toner, use a pointed stick and with only the tip, add a tiny bit of Toner and stir into the material, then shake well. Repeat the shade check alongside the chip.
- Once you have established a shade which is a good match, you can wipe off the spots of material with a little of the degreaser on a paper towel.
To Repair the chipped area proceed as follows:
- Ensure that the chipped area is clean and dry.
- Lightly sand the affected area – very carefully, using a twisting motion with a small piece of sandpaper over the tip of your finger.
- Using one of the surface cleaning sachets, wipe the area, ensuring that it remains moist for at least 2 minutes, to allow time for the chemicals to bond with the surface.
- Wait for this to dry completely. Do not wipe off remaining film.
- Shake MATERIAL well.
- Dip one of the sticks into the MATERIAL and allow 8 drops to fall from the end of the stick onto a clean, dry spare ceramic tile or old saucer. Replace the jar lid.
- Dip a clean stick into the small HARDENER vial and add 2 drops to the little pool of MATERIAL. Mix well. Replace the hardener lid.
- For larger chips, use a small art brush. Any additional material should be mixed at a ratio of 4:1 of MATERIAL to HARDENER.
- Working very carefully, place drop by drop with the stick into the chip and smooth out. Leave to dry for 24 hours.
- Seal bottles for further use and store in a cool, dry place.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Please call us if you are uncertain of any aspect of the process.